Connected Systems is looking for a Business Analyst who would be working with a team comprised of staff across multiple divisions to determine and document keyIT System requirements. Initial requirements gathering would include a comparison and options analysis regarding:
• Definition of key data elements across systems
• Mapping of key workflows across systems
• Ability for systems to accommodate and differentiate workflows based on needs of different programs, and connect child level data across multiple programs and providers
Working in collaboration with the project team and under the direction of a Project Manager, responsibilities include:
• Landscape analysis and comparison of individual systems and business processes, including mapping standard operating procedures, functional workflows, data elements, and data definitions
• Identification and summary of common requirements of a future system that could serve multiple programs and agencies, and additional requirements necessary for specific program purposes
• Fit gap analysis between current state system offerings and future requirements, both common and agency-specific
• Options analysis for meeting future requirements by either enhancing existing system(s) or building a new system
• Draft requirements to be incorporated into a Scope of Work for enhancement or development of a new system
• Synthesize information from multiple sources and analyses and present clear, concise recommendations to team members and project leads
• Collaborate with the application owners and business owners to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to application and business needs, and re-engineer application and business processes as needed.
• Conduct all interviews and meetings needed to document current business process.
• Document business and application processes.
• Work with team members to analyze gaps, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear.
• Identify and work with both technical and program stakeholders across multiple programs and state agencies.
• Collaborate with the technical team to understand the data design of the applications and apply that knowledge to define data requirements related to the new functional requirements.
• Adhere to the organization’s methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on business and data analysis best practices.
• Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
• Participate in scrum meetings to discuss current tasks and status.
• Submit weekly status reports.
Education & Experience
• At least 5 years of professional business analysis experience.
• Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
• Ability to identify and articulate requirements in a way that is suitable for the procurement process
• Experience with conducting JAD sessions, interviewing business reps, resolving stakeholder conflicts, fielding questions from executives.
• Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Requirements Analysis and the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
• Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used for Data Analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.